Thursday, January 8, 2009

My First Award!



Thanks Lacy for nominating me for this prestigious award! ha ha I really enjoy documenting our daily lives so I can look back and read about what happened during this action packed time of our lives! I have to tell 5 things that I am addicted to right now so here goes:

1. Coffee- I have NEVER been a coffee drinker until this past holiday season! I guess I have grown into it. Now I want a cup every morning as soon as I get up! It does make me feel like a grown up! My Mom always drank a cup of coffee in the morning while we got ready for school, so now I feel like a real Mom! ha ha

2. Facebook- I know it's bad but it's true! I love seeing/talking to friends that I don't talk to normally! It is such a great way to stay connected and see how people have changed since I knew them.

3. Biggest Loser- I LOVE THAT SHOW!! I am soo excited about the new season! It's so inspirational! I makes me feel good at getting myself healthy!

4. The Daily Bible- I decided (like most years) that this would be the year that I read the Bible cover to cover. I am ashamed to say that I haven't accomplished this before, but I am COMMITTED this year. So far I am enjoying the quiet time with God and I am already learning so much about HIS grace/mercy!

5. Changing Bad Habits- I know that may not sound like an addiction but it is something I am committed to right now! I want our home to be under control more of the time. I want to have a plan on cleaning/laundry and stick to it. Will & I want to be better examples to our kids on how to live healthier and make better choices related to food and exercise. Jack has a few undesirable habits that I am working on breaking right now. Its funny how if you can step back and look at situations from an unbiased position the answers are always so clear. Jack is super smart and can easily manipulate me. I understand that is the manner of children so I know he is like most his age, but I have to be able to stand up and show him the way it is to be. I love my children but its my job as their parent to guild and mold them into people I want to be around. I think so many times we as parents make excuses for our children instead of taking responsibility and correcting the problems. Sorry I got on my pulpit for a minute but I can see how I have made mistakes and want to be better for my kids. I also want to be present-in the moment with my kids during the day. Sometimes I get on the computer or just in my head all day and I realize that I strictly went through the motions. I know that was a long one but oh well!


I now present this award to 5 of my friends:
Jenny
Sonia
Whitney
Martina
Nina

1 comment:

The Penter Family said...

thanks for this award. i would like to thank my parents and God!!! Ha-Ha.
now, i'll have to start working on my five addictions...