Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Baby #3

We are excited and a little shocked to announce that baby #3 is a....BOY!! 3 boys!! I can't believe it!  I went in yesterday for my 20th week appointment with the ultrasound and I was nervous.  First of all, with each pregnancy my fears have gotten stronger.  With Jack, I don't think I knew they checked so much in the ultrasound.  I thought it was just to find out if it was a boy or girl.  So, naturally I didn't worry at all about his health.  With Max, I was concerned but not worried.  With this baby, I was very eager to hear how it was developing and not so much what gender it was.  I mean we were excited to find out, but more excited to hear that it was healthy.  As soon as it started, I mean as soon as she put the monitor on my stomach, we saw him spread eagle showing off.  We all started laughing and knew instantly that we were having another boy.  I think he wanted to say to us, "ha you thought I was a girl well I'll show you!"  He was so active and moving all around kicking his legs moving his hands and fingers.  It was such a wonderful moment for Will and I.  To hear my sweet husband giggling and so happy about raising another Jones boy was wonderful to me.  The nurse checked all the important stuff: heart, kidneys, measurements and for her to say he looked perfect was music to my ears.

After the ultrasound we saw the doctor and everything looked great, so we couldn't wait to get out and start spreading the news. 

Now, I would be lying if I didn't have a moment that I grieved my longing for a daughter.  Will and I are pretty confident that this is our last pregnancy, so we knew going into yesterday that this would more than likely be it.  So we both were a little sad to give up that dream of bows and dance classes and visions of pink, but we know that God has known how our family was to be made up and we believe that this is his plan.  And luckily, I have 2 friends having sweet baby girls very close to when our baby boy is due, so I can have fun shopping for them. 

Now that the reality is that we will have 3 boys 5 years old and younger,  I have got to get ready.  One of Will's closest friends said that this one will be tough as nails and so confident because he has survived 2 older brothers.  ha ha  That may be a VERY true statement.  Will was selling the idea of his 3 sons to me last night.  He was pointing out that I get scared at night very easily and now with 3 boys and Will around I will have all the protection I will ever need.  I will get to be the princess in our home. When the boys are bigger, Will and the boys will go hunting and to ballgames and I can go shopping alone or with my friends.  We only have to pay for 3 rehearsal dinners and possibly honeymoons.  We get to have the cool boys house.  The only bad thing I see in our future is the grocery bill.  Can you imagine how much food these boys will eat in their teenage years?  We will have a 12yr old, a 15yr old, and a 17yr old!! Will said we had to keep our Sam's Club membership just to survive!! ha ha

The boys are SUPER excited to have a baby brother.  Well, let me rephrase that.  Jack is super excited.  When you ask Max about the baby, he says that he is the baby.  So, he'll understand eventually!! ha ha

Here is a pic from our ultrasound! He weighed in at 12 oz and was 10 inches long. Our sweet baby boy! We have several names on our list, but not ready to start calling him by name just yet.



1 comment:

Kellie Belue Jordan said...

SO EXCITED for yall! You will definitely have the cool boys house. Girls will be crawling all about for the Jones boys! You guys are such great parents! This is one LUCKY little boy!