This move will go down in our memory as the best ever because it is definitely the most memorable!
It all started on Thursday night with our non speaking English movers that Will brought home with him. They did a great job and were super fast, but they did pack a few things that we asked to be thrown away like the washing machine. I now wonder what they were thinking that we were saying about the washing machine. We kept touching it and saying things like garbage, trash, dumpster. My imagination wants to me to think they were like what's the big deal about this washer is it made of gold or something. ha ha
We were making great time and the kids were doing amazing until we get to Tuscaloosa. We stopped at Kmart to pick up some diapers and to give the kids a break for a little while. When we got back out on the highway our truck stopped. Dead. Stuck in the middle of an intersection. Dead. Will called Penske and they sent a guy out and then 3 hrs. later they towed our truck about 2 miles up the road to the nearest Penske dealership.
They took it in their garage and determined that it could not be fixed and it would have to be towed on to Ardmore to our storage unit. It was already 9pm at this time so the towing company couldn't find anyone that would drive it on that night so we agreed to let them bring it up Saturday morning.
We got home around midnight, which made the trip a whole whopping 14 hr. trip. Yeah, 14 hrs in a car with 2 little kids. It will be a while before I am ready for another road trip. Will said the truck breaking down was my fault because all week long I had been trying to figure out a way for us all to ride together. As soon as he got in my car to head home, he reminded me of that and said that I got what I wanted after all!! I would have settled for not getting my way this time!
Will & I had to go to Birmingham Saturday morning for Will's best friend's wedding, and Will's dad met the tow truck with our truck. We hired real movers to unload our truck on Saturday afternoon and then Penske had to come back and tow the truck back to the Madison dealership. Here is the truck being towed home Saturday morning. We saw it coming down the opposite side of interstate and couldn't resist a picture. ha ha
It was definitely an adventure, but if you are learning anything about us most things are. Through all the drama and headache of it all, we never got mad or ill. In fact, we laughed most of the way home. Whatcha going to do? Life throws curve balls you know! I hope we can always look at the bright side of any disasters, because you can find humor and fun in it all! Good Times!
1 comment:
That picture of the Penske truck being towed is too funny! I don't know if I would have done so well after 14 hours in the car with Colton! I'm proud of you.
Post a Comment