My Dad decided to take the boys & I to Baton Rouge for the weekend. On Thursday, Max was a little stuffy so we made a quick trip to the dr just to check him out. Turns out, his ears were on the verge on an infection and he needed an antibiotic. By the way-17 lbs. 6 oz! While we were there, Will's mom called and his Dad was on his way to the hospital by med flight because they were afraid he might be having some heart troubles. Will's parents had accidentally caught their back yard on fire and they were dipping buckets of water out of the pool and throwing it on the fire until the firefighters arrived. Once the fire was out, Roger started feeling very fatigue and the firefighters thought it would be best if he was checked out at the hospital.
My Mom & Larry met me and I gave them the boys so I could go on to the hospital. Turns out, Roger's heart was out of rhythm. It could have been the adrenaline rush that caused it to become irregular. The dr. put him on some meds that would hopefully get his heart back in rhythm. By Friday morning it was still irregular so they shocked his heart and now it is back in rhythm and doing good.
Jack was suppose to stay with Will's parents and my Mom the weekend because the 8 HOUR road trip to Baton Rouge is pretty tough on him, but with all that had happened I decided to take him along.
So, the boys & I left Thursday night for Birmingham after we were confident that Roger was in good condition. We got to my Dad's house around midnight. I am SUCH a night person. I had a great time driving with both my boys snoozing in the car and listening to my Ipod!
Friday morning we left out!! It was a long day in the car, but we had a great time! The boys did great! It did take us about 7 hours to get there, but we did good! Will was sooo excited to see us. It was a great trip!
My Dad and Max hanging out in the hotel! Max is waiting on my Dad to look back at him! Isn't that sweet!
On Saturday the temperature was in the mid 70s so we decided to take the boys to the zoo. It was a blast!! If you ask Jack what was his favorite animal, he will probably say the camel...there wasn't a camel at their zoo. Can you believe that!!!
Unfortunately it ended too soon. And with a few tears, we were on our way back Sunday afternoon. Once again we were blessed with a peaceful trip home. Jack & I did start getting sick and have spent the last few days back at the dr., but we are all on the mend now!
2 comments:
Looks like you all had fun with Will. I know you and the kids will be glad to be back with "Daddy" again!
Looks like fun Mags...Im glad yall had a safe trip. Sorry I havent called you back- my throat has been so sratchy Ive been avoiding the phone. Im feeling better now, and I really appreciate you calling! We have got to go see a movie or something next week. Im dying to get out of this house. If it stays pretty maybe we can take the kiddos somewhere...
Post a Comment